I probably mention them too much (and they don’t even pay me to!) but I just love Able & Cole for their weekly boxes. This week I ordered a juicing box on top of my usual box and pantry stuff.
This juice is full of every nutrient you need to start your day and cleanse your body of its toxins. This is serious immune-boosting, cancer cell-fighting goodness.
Guess who else loved it? Yup – Braxton loves his green juice! Won’t pick up a vegetable but clearly loves the taste of them 🙂
You can add spirulina to this for an extra anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory boost, like I sometimes do, only problem is you have to then move from the juicer to the blender to add the spirulina and that’s a lot of cleaning up – just depends how much time I have. But here are some amazing facts about this superfood:
- Supports the immune system. Vitamin B6 and iron in our spirulina powder supports the immune system.
- Healthy brain and cognitive function. Organic Burst Spirulina powder is rich in Vitamin B6 and contains iron that are known to support healthy cognitive function, in other words your brain power!
- Weight management. Taken one hour before meals, Organic Burst Spirulina powder can naturally promote the feeling of fullness and prevent over-eating.
- Healthy heart. Thiamine in Organic Burst Spirulina contributes to the normal function of the heart.
- Rich, complete and digestible protein source. Spirulina powder is very rich in protein (60-70%), containing 18 amino acids including all essential amino acids. According to studies, spirulina has a very high protein efficiency ratio (PER). Protein in spirulina is four times more absorbable than protein in beef.
Try adding it to your green juice when you get a chance.
Big handful spinach
Big handful kale
Half a cucumber
3 celery sticks
1 inch of fresh ginger
Small handful mint
Small handful parsley
1 tsp spirulina (optional)
Simply put all the ingredients except the lemon through the juicer, then squeeze the lemon into the cup once it’s done and mix.
If using spirulina, add the juice and the spirulina to the blender then pour into a cup.
Add a couple of ice cubes to make it even more refreshing.
Love & health,