After getting the amazing Magimix food processor for Christmas, I’ve started making nut butters again – a lot! I used to make them in the Vitamix but find it so much easier in a strong food processor. My cashew butter from last week was such a winner that it got polished off within a few days, prompting me to make this.
Almonds are such a great source of nutrition, making almond butter the perfect snack for in between meals with oatcakes or even slathered over some flapjacks.
So what are the incredible health benefits of almonds?
- Loaded with antioxidants so great for the immune system
- One of the highest sources of Vitamin E, great for skin and essential for cell membrane rejuvanation
- High in fibre
- High in magnesium and manganese. Magnesium is something we are all a little deficient in, so getting a lot from our diets helps
- A great source of essential fatty acids, which our bodies don’t synthesise and therefore needs to come from food
- Low GI so a great snack for people trying to lose weight, those with diabetes and generally as a snack for children as it will help maintain blood sugar levels, avoiding the dreaded ‘sugar highs’.
Almonds offer so many healthy benefits they really are the perfect food for a snack.
Remember to soak them first to activate.
3 cups almonds
Roast them in the oven for 10 minutes (no longer) then put them leave to cool a little.
Once they’re a bit cooler, put them in the food processor and process for 10-15 minutes. You really will need this long. You may need to scrape the sides down a couple of times then put it straight back on until it’s super smooth and creamy.
Love & health,